GeoBase data are separated into 10 themes
- Administrative Boundaries
- Geopolitical Boundaries with international, inter-provincial and territorial boundaries and the limits of Aboriginal Lands including Indian Reserves, Land Claim settlement and other Indian Lands.
- Canadian Geodetic Network
- Horizontal and vertical geodetic control information on the thousands of control points distributed across Canada.
- Canadian Geographical Names
- A subset of the Canadian Geographical Names Data Base.
- Elevation Data
- Canadian Digital Elevation Data (CDED) at resolutions equivalent to 1:250,000 and 1:50,000 scales
- Land Cover
- Canadian Land Cover vector data.
- National Hydro Network (NHN)
- A quality geometric description and a set of basic attributes describing Canada's inland surface waters.
- National Power Line Network
- Includes: High voltage transmission lines, Medium and large power generation sources (on and off grid), Production lines and Substations.
- National Railway Network
- The NRWN data provide a consistent geometric description and a set of basic attributes of rail over the entire Canadian landmass.
- National Road Network (NRN)
- Continuous accurate centreline data for all non-restricted use roads in Canada.
- Satellite Imagery
- Set of satellite imagery covering the Canadian landmass using data from few sensors.
GeoBase data are governed by the Open Government Licence – Canada.