GeoBase data are separated into 10 themes
- Administrative Boundaries
- Geopolitical Boundaries with international, inter-provincial and territorial boundaries and the limits of Aboriginal Lands including Indian Reserves, Land Claim settlement and other Indian Lands.
- Canadian Geodetic Network
- Horizontal and vertical geodetic control information on the thousands of control points distributed across Canada.
- Canadian Geographical Names
- A subset of the Canadian Geographical Names Data Base.
- Elevation Data
- Canadian Digital Elevation Data (CDED) at resolutions equivalent to 1:250,000 and 1:50,000 scales
- Land Cover
- Canadian Land Cover vector data.
- National Hydro Network (NHN)
- A quality geometric description and a set of basic attributes describing Canada's inland surface waters.
- National Power Line Network
- Includes: High voltage transmission lines, Medium and large power generation sources (on and off grid), Production lines and Substations.
- National Railway Network
- The NRWN data provide a consistent geometric description and a set of basic attributes of rail over the entire Canadian landmass.
- National Road Network (NRN)
- Continuous accurate centreline data for all non-restricted use roads in Canada.
- Satellite Imagery
- Set of satellite imagery covering the Canadian landmass using data from few sensors.
GeoBase data are governed by the GeoBase Unrestricted Use Licence Agreement. With this licence, users are granted a non-exclusive, fully paid, royalty-free right and licence to exercise all intellectual property rights in the data. This includes the right to use, incorporate, sublicense (with further right of sublicensing), modify, improve, further develop, and distribute the data; and to manufacture and/or distribute Derivative Products.